Do you have repetitive tasks that are key to your business? Then you need to design systems so that these tasks are done with consistent quality, speed, and efficiency.
Here are 3 systems that every business should have. Design systems so that your business operates without you. The fastest way to grow your business is to systemize your business.
Here are 5 steps that will help design systems so your business can grow without you.
Every system should document the following:
- What needs to be done? E.g. Raise an invoice.
- Why is it important to get done? E.g. If we don’t raise an invoice we won’t get paid.
- Who needs to do it? What is the title of the person responsible for doing this job?
- When does the task need to be done? Each company could have its own accounting rules about when to raise an invoice.
- How is the task done? If some software is used then make a screen video of how the task is done. Include what are the do’s and don’t’s so that the task is done well.
“85% of problems in business are systems problems, 15% are people problems,” according to management guru, Peter Drucker.
Why do you need systems in your business?
- Systems free the business owner up and make the business independent of the owner. Are you able to take 4 weeks away from your business and it still grows? If not then you need this 5 step formula to create awesome systems that make your business scalable.
- Systems are necessary if you want to delegate effectively. Systems help your business grow faster. They make your business more predictable.
- A systematic business is a valuable asset that can be sold for a huge payday someday.
So what are you going to systematize first in your business? Comment below.