Do you have repetitive tasks that are key to your business? Then you need to design systems so that these tasks are done with consistent quality, speed, and efficiency.
Here are 3 systems that every business should have. Design systems so that your business operates without you. The fastest way to grow your business is to systemize your business.
Here are 5 steps that will help design systems so your business can grow without you.
Every system should document the following:
- What needs to be done? E.g. Raise an invoice.
- Why is it important to get done? E.g. If we don’t raise an invoice we won’t get paid.
- Who needs to do it? What is the title of the person responsible for doing this job?
- When does the task need to be done? Each company could have its own accounting rules about when to raise an invoice.
- How is the task done? If some software is used then make a screen video of how the task is done. Include what are the do’s and don’t’s so that the task is done well.
The system should be stored in an online system like Evernote or Google Docs so that it is easy to share with the relevant person.
“85% of problems in business are systems problems, 15% are people problems,” according to management guru, Peter Drucker.
Why do you need systems in your business?
- Systems free the business owner up and make the business independent of the owner. Are you able to take 4 weeks away from your business and it still grows? If not then you need this 5 step formula to create awesome systems that make your business scalable.
- Systems are necessary if you want to delegate effectively. Systems help your business grow faster. They make your business more predictable.
- A systematic business is a valuable asset that can be sold for a huge payday someday.
So what are you going to systematize first in your business? Comment below.